Foundry Intellectual Property is the right attorney partner for Australian and New Zealand prosecution.
The right experience - our attorneys:
- are registered Australian and New Zealand patent and trade mark attorneys – Foundry Intellectual Property is a “one stop shop” for your Australian and New Zealand cases
- have achieved excellence in a broad range of technical qualifications:
* Andrew Jones PhD (Chem) * Lester Miller BE (Mech) * Joe Seisdedos BSc (Hons) MSc BEc LLB MIP
- have accrued some decades of working in Intellectual Property at top-tier firms, and
- have experience in all aspects of the patent, trade mark and design processes, including:
- preparing, filing and prosecuting patent applications for chemical, mechanical, electronic and softwarew inventions
- preparing, filing and prosecuting design applications
- validity and infringement advice
- Australian and New Zealand IP filing strategy
- patent watches and third party observations
- Top-tier experience, but not top-tier prices (Our hourly partner rates are about 30% less than the hourly rates of similarly experienced attorneys in some top-tier firms)
- Innovative pricing for routine prosecution:
- The majority of our routine prosecution charges are fixed – the only exception being our charge for responding to Examiner’s reports (for which we charge an hourly rate, but with a cap that depends on whether the response is likely to be straightforward, moderate or complex – we will indicate this when forwarding the Examiner’s report to you, so that you and your client have budget certainty)
- Discounts for multiple filings in the same calendar year (we discount our filing charges by 5% for the third and fourth filing and by 10% for the fifth and each subsequent filing). This discount also applies to our charges for requesting examination, if this is instructed at the time of filing.
- Prompt and personal service – you will deal with us personally throughout the entire prosecution process, and we guarantee to provide a fast turnaround time
- Unless exceptional circumstances apply, we guarantee to:
- report developments to you within two weeks of receiving the relevant correspondence – if we don’t, we will reduce our charges by 5%
- respond to Examiner’s reports within 4 weeks of receiving your complete instructions – if we don’t, we will reduce our charges by 5%.
Our schedule of charges for foreign associates is available on request.